We welcome those who have a passion for good service and a great attitude, and who are ready to make a real difference to the successful outcome of every event.
Every department shares an equal responsibility for achieving our goals and we strive to create a working environment that rewards excellence and provides job satisfaction, enjoyment and opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a motivated individual to lead our 24/7 back of house operational service delivery across all our venues. Specifically, we are looking for someone who has a high focus on leading safety by example, ability to manage our relationship with our technical partners, combined with the ability to lead a culture of training and continuous improvement.
Positively Wellington Venues manages the Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington Town Hall, St James Theatre, Opera House, TSB Bank Arena and Shed 6 and we are in the business of:
“Winning and growing more business, community and show business events to improve the performance of Positively Wellington Venues and deliver a better return to the City”
Reporting to our Director Operations and Safety this role is focused on:
•ensuring our venue set-ups are set up to the highest standards and specifications for our hirers: whether it be a conference and expo’ in the TSB Bank Arena and Shed 6, or a comedy show in the Opera House
• managing contracts with our technical partners - delivering everything from rigging to sound systems
• managing an in-house team of permanent and casual operations staff responsible for operational set-ups and breakdowns
• helping further strengthen and develop a positive and behavioural based health and safety culture across all workers using our venues
• being part of a passionate facilities and operations management team focused on ensuring our venues are ‘good to go’
You will also ideally have the following skills/knowledge/experience:
• 5+ years in a similar role
• Experience in development and on the job training of operational and technical procedures
• Excellent and professional communication skills
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS office
• Some knowledge and understanding of the current legislation as well as new H&S legislative framework being introduced later this year.
To be part of a motivated and upbeat team committed to delivering on Wellington's reputation as the 'coolest little capital in the world', please email a cover letter and CV or contact Aileen Donnan, People & Performance Manager on 04 806 4742 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Positively Wellington Venues manages the Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington Town Hall, St James Theatre, Opera House, TSB Bank Arena and Shed 6 and the Academy Galleries. We are in the business of “winning and growing more business, community and show business events to improve the performance of Positively Wellington Venues and deliver a better return to the City”. Because things are better LIVE!
PWV are proud to manage the gallery function space 'Academy Galleries'.
Keep your finger on the pulse during an event - we now offer free access to wireless internet for delegates in our conference venues (Shed 6, TSB Bank Arena, St James Theatre and the Michael Fowler Centre).
Contact our sales team on 04 801 4207 for more information.
All that’s happening in Wellington.
Need information on parking, ticketing, security and more? Check out what services we have on offer.